House for sale - Walhain
More info on properties for sale or for rent - Walhain (1457) + Suburbs
25 properties for sale or for rent in Walhain (Nijvel / Nivelles) where 7,187 inhabitants are distributed over 38.1 km² with a higher proportion of women (50.2%) than men in this municipality. The average age of the inhabitants is about 38 years, they are majority ownership (76%) in their homes and have an average per capita income of 21,926 € net per year. There is an average of 1.5 cars per household either above the country's average (1.3).
Citizens come from the following countries:
- 96.1% Belgium
- 1.3% France
- 0.5% Italy
- 0.4% Romania
- 0.2% Spain
- 0.2% United Kingdom
- 0.2% Portugal
- 1.2% Other
Jean, Olivier, Philippe, Nicolas and Michel are the most common first names for men in Walhain and Marie, Anne, Isabelle, Nathalie and Sophie for women.
In Walhain, the dwellings have on average 6.4 rooms is higher than the Belgian average (6). In general, buildings were built around 1935 and the breakdown is as follows: 93.4% houses and 6.6% apartment buildings.
The different types of buildings are distributed as follows:
- 56.8% open type houses, farms, castles
- 26.1% semi-closed type houses
- 7.2% houses of the closed type
- 6.4% buildings and flat blocks
- 2.6% other types of buildings
- 0.9% commercial houses
At the moment we have 2 houses for rent, 13 houses for sale, 6 flats for sale and 4 flats for rent. The current average of prices for Walhain are as follows:
- 451769€ for a house to buy
- 1040€ per month for a house to rent
- 323333€ for a flat on sale
- 820€ monthly for a rented flat
The highest rent charged in Walhain for a house is 1100€ while the lowest is 980€. In terms of sales, the cheapest house is at 200000€ while the most expensive is at 700000€. For a flat, the most expensive for sale in Walhain is listed at 420000€ while the cheapest is listed at 185000€. For a rental, the most expensive rent is at 950€ per month and goes down to 520€ per month for the cheapest flat for rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Companies in Walhain are located in the following sectors:
- 56 firms active in "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 38 corporations present in "landscape service activities"
- 33 corporations in the field "architectural activities"
- 28 companies in the field "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 26 firms in the domain "computer consultancy activities"
- 24 corporations active in "public relations and communication activities"
Living in Walhain, you will not be far from an entrance to the A4 / E411 - E25 (Brussels - Namur - Arlon - (Luxembourg (city), Luxembourg)) motorway, which is 5 minutes by car from the centre of the town. An entrance for the A15 / E42 motorway (La Louvière - Charleroi - Namur - Liège) is also accessible in 17 minutes.
In Walhain, you will also have access to these main roads:
Several supermarkets are at your disposal in the commune: 2 Louis Delhaize, 1 Intermarché and 1 Delhaize.
For education, the municipality offers 2 nurseries ("Le Petit Favia" or "Les P'Tits Loups" for example), 4 nursery schools ("Ecole Fondamentale Communale" or "Ecole Fondamentale Communale"), 4 primary schools (e.g. school "Ecole Fondamentale Communale" or "Ecole Fondamentale Autonome Nil-Saint-Vincent") but no secondary school.
7 different lines of bus have a stop in the commune of Walhain like the following lines:
- Bus TEC, Line 24: Wavre - Corbais - Nil - Chastre
- Bus TEC, Line 25: Jodoigne - Gembloux
- Bus TEC, Line 34: Chastre - Walhain - Mont-Saint-Guibert - LLN
- Bus TEC, Line 52: Gembloux - Chastre - Louvain-la-Neuve
- Bus TEC, Line 543: Bruxelles/Brussel - Wavre - Eghezée
The nearest stations to the centre of the town are "Chastre", "Ernage", "Blanmont", "Gembloux", "Mont-Saint-Guibert".
There is no known charging station in the municipality.
In 27 minutes by car or 124 minutes by public transport, the nearest airport is Brussels South Charleroi Airport.
It would seem that there are no shared bicycles in this commune. Walhain has no shared cars on its territory.