House for sale - Torhout
More info on properties for sale or for rent - Torhout (8820)
126 properties for sale or for rent in Torhout (Brugge / Bruges), commune of 45.3 km²: 20,463 people live in this area where there are a lower number of women compared to men (50.1%). The average age is 43 years, the inhabitants are in majority owners (73%) of their dwelling and have an average per capita income of 18,904€ net per year. The households own about 1.2 cars is lower than the national average (1.3).
Citizens come from the following countries:
- 96.4% Belgium
- 1% Poland
- 0.7% Romania
- 0.3% Iraq
- 0.3% Netherlands
- 0.2% Afghanistan
- 0.1% France
- 1.1% Other
Geert, Dirk, Luc, Johan and Marc are the most common first names for men in Torhout and Maria, Rita, Marleen, Marie and Martine for women.
On average, the homes you come across in Torhout will have 5.6 rooms and is therefore below the national average (6). The average year of construction of the buildings is 1963 and the dwellings in the municipality are distributed as follows: 82% houses and 18% apartment buildings.
The breakdown by type of building is as follows:
- 42.1% open type houses, farms, castles
- 23.3% semi-closed type houses
- 17.3% buildings and flat blocks
- 13% houses of the closed type
- 2.7% commercial houses
- 1.6% other types of buildings
70 houses are for sale in the municipality, 5 houses for rent, 34 flats for sale and 27 flats for rent. The current average prices for Torhout are as follows:
- 388066€ for a house to buy
- 915€ monthly for a house for rent
- 242794€ for a flat for sale
- 681€ per month for a rental flat
The most expensive house currently for sale in Torhout is at 2060000€ while the cheapest is at 127500€. When renting, the highest rent for a house is 1125€ per month while the lowest is 750€ per month. In Torhout, the flat for sale at the highest price is at 595000€ while the lowest price is at 98000€. For rentals, the highest price per month is 945€ but drops to 525€ for the cheapest flat for rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Multiple companies are located in Torhout and work in these fields:
- 107 companies present in "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 90 firms in the domain "mixed farming"
- 71 companies in the field "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 67 companies active in "electrical installation"
- 65 corporations active in "landscape service activities"
- 59 companies in the field "joinery installation"
In Torhout, you are close to an access to the highway A17 / E403 (Brugge - Kortrijk - Tournai): you will be there in 5 minutes from the centre of Torhout. An access to the highway A10 / E40 (Brussels - Aalst - Gent - Brugge - Oostende) can also be reached in 13 minutes.
These main roads pass through Torhout:
The following shops are located in the town: 1 Louis Delhaize, 1 Carrefour, 1 Colruyt and 1 Delhaize.
As far as children are concerned, the municipality contains 12 nurseries (example: "Pernukkeltje" or "Kinderdagverblijf Hupsakee"), 8 nursery schools ("Vrije Basisschool Oefenschool Torhout" or "Vrije Basisschool - De Revinze"), 9 primary schools (examples: "Vrije Basisschool Wijnendale" or "Go! Basisschool Eureka") and 14 secondary schools ("Go! Stamina" or "Middenschool Sint-Rembert 1").
10 lines of bus passing through Torhout, here is an overview of the possibilities:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 47: Genk - Zonhoven - Halveweg - Houthalen
- Bus De Lijn, Line 51: Hasselt - Stokrooie - Zolder - Heusden
- Bus De Lijn, Line 74: Tongeren - Liège
- Bus De Lijn, Line 78: Zevergem - De Pinte - Gent - Lochristi - Lokeren
- Bus De Lijn, Line 79: Belbusgebied Torhout
Here is the choice in the available stations: "Torhout", "Lichtervelde", "Kortemark", "Zedelgem", "Roeselare / Roulers".
There is no known charging station in the municipality.
The best placed airport in relation to the municipality is "Ostend-Bruges International Airport". It is 33 minutes by public transport or 24 minutes by car.
A bicycle "Blue-bike" can be rented through one of the 1 available stations. You will find 2 stations "Cambio" in the commune.