House for sale - Oostende
More info on properties for sale or for rent - Oostende (8400) + Suburbs
587 properties for sale or for rent in Oostende / Ostende (Oostende / Ostende) where 71,494 inhabitants are distributed over 41 km² with slightly more women (51%) than men in this municipality. The average age is 46 years, residents are mostly owners (54%) in their own homes and have an average annual net per capita income of 18,303€. Households have on average 0.8 cars or below the Belgian average (1.3).
Here is an overview of the most common nationalities:
- 90.5% Belgium
- 1.5% Afghanistan
- 0.9% Netherlands
- 0.8% Romania
- 0.6% Iraq
- 0.4% France
- 0.3% Poland
- 5% Other
Jean, Marc, Patrick, Luc and Johan are the first names you will come across the most in Oostende / Ostende for men and Marie, Maria, Rita, Monique and Martine for women.
In Oostende / Ostende, the dwellings have on average 5.1 rooms is lower than the national average (6). In general, buildings were built around 1960 and the breakdown is as follows: 39.7% houses and 60.3% apartment buildings.
More specifically, here is the breakdown by type of building:
- 58.1% buildings and flat blocks
- 28.5% houses of the closed type
- 5.1% semi-closed type houses
- 4.7% open type houses, farms, castles
- 2.8% commercial houses
- 0.9% other types of buildings
At the moment 2 houses are for rent, 147 houses are for sale, there are also 463 flats for sale and 76 flats for rent. The current average prices for Oostende / Ostende are as follows:
- 292590€ for a house for sale
- 1000€ monthly for a rented house
- 322413€ for a flat to buy
- 675€ monthly for a rented flat
The highest price for a house for sale in Oostende / Ostende is 929000€ and the lowest price is 125000€. In the rental market, the highest price is 1150€ monthly for a house while the lowest is 850€. For a flat, the most expensive for sale in Oostende / Ostende is listed at 2100000€ while the cheapest is listed at 89000€. For a rental, the most expensive rent is at 940€ per month and goes down to 450€ per month for the cheapest flat for rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Companies in Oostende / Ostende are located in the following sectors:
- 366 corporations present in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 250 companies present in "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 182 corporations present in "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 137 corporations in the field "beverage serving activities"
- 120 companies active in "activities of head offices"
- 119 firms in the domain "renting and operating of own or leased real estate"
Living in Oostende / Ostende, you will not be far from an entrance to the A10 / E40 (Brussels - Aalst - Gent - Brugge - Oostende) motorway, which is 2 minutes by car from the centre of the town. An entrance for the A18 / E40 motorway (Brugge - Veurne - (Dunkirk, France)) is also accessible in 10 minutes.
In Oostende / Ostende, you will also have access to these main roads:
The following shops are located in the town: 6 Carrefour, 3 Delhaize, 2 Louis Delhaize, 2 Match / Smatch, 2 SPAR, 1 Albert Heijn and 1 Colruyt.
As far as children are concerned, the municipality offers 19 nurseries ("De Speelboom Oostende-Centrum" or "Kinderdagverblijf Zó Groot" for example), 23 nursery schools ("Vrije Basisschool - Onze-Lieve-Vrouwecollege Mariakerke-Rozenlaan" or "Go! Basisschool August Vermeylen"), 25 primary schools (e.g. school "Go! Basisschool De Puzzel" or "Vrije Basisschool") and 30 secondary schools ("Go! Atheneum Oostende" or "Go! Atlas Atheneum Gistel").
1 lines from tram with a stop in Oostende / Ostende, you will find an overview of the lines:
- Tram De Lijn, line 0 : Kusttram De Panne-Oostende-Knokke
27 lines of bus passing through Oostende / Ostende, here is an overview of the possibilities:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 1: Hasselt - Genk
- Bus De Lijn, Line 5: Hasselt - Nieuwerkerken - Sint-Truiden
- Bus De Lijn, Line 50: Kortrijk - Kuurne Pius X-kerk - Seizoenwijk
- Bus De Lijn, Line 51: Hasselt - Stokrooie - Zolder - Heusden
- Bus De Lijn, Line 6: Wijgmaal - Leuven - Neervelp - Hoegaarden
The nearest stations to the centre of the town are "Oostende / Ostende", "Blankenberge", "Brugge-Sint-Pieters / Bruges-Saint-Pierre", "Lissewege", "Zedelgem".
Do you use an electric car or would you like to switch to this type of vehicle in the near future? Be aware that 11 electric recharging stations are located in the commune of Oostende / Ostende!
In 7 minutes by car or 23 minutes by public transport, the nearest airport is Ostend-Bruges International Airport.
A bicycle "Blue-bike" can be rented through one of the 1 available stations. 10 stations " Cambio " allow you to rent a shared car.