House for sale - Merchtem
More info on properties for sale or for rent - Merchtem (1785) + Suburbs
59 properties for sale or for rent in Merchtem (Halle-Vilvoorde / Hal-Vilvorde), commune of 36.9 km²: 16,583 people live in this area where there are more women (50.9%) than men in this agglomeration. The average age of the inhabitants is about 42 years, they are majority ownership (73%) in their homes and have an average per capita income of 22,298 € net per year. There is an average of 1.3 cars per household and is therefore within the Belgian average.
The most represented nationalities are the following:
- 94.4% Belgium
- 1.2% Romania
- 0.6% Netherlands
- 0.5% Poland
- 0.4% France
- 0.3% Congo
- 0.3% Morocco
- 2.2% Other
Jan, Marc, Jean, Luc and Dirk are the first names you will come across the most in Merchtem for men and Maria, Marie, Ann, Godelieve and Hilde for women.
In general, the accommodation you will find in Merchtem has 6 rooms either aligned with the country's average. In general, buildings were built around 1966 and the breakdown is as follows: 74.6% houses and 25.4% apartment buildings.
The breakdown by type of building is as follows:
- 29.7% open type houses, farms, castles
- 24.4% buildings and flat blocks
- 22.5% semi-closed type houses
- 19.6% houses of the closed type
- 2.7% commercial houses
- 1.2% other types of buildings
At the moment we have 0 houses for rent, 39 houses for sale, 36 flats for sale and 6 flats for rent. Here are the average prices for Merchtem:
- 474593€ for a house up for sale
- 0€ per month for a house to rent
- 324616€ for a flat to buy
- 946€ per month for a rental flat
The most expensive house currently for sale in Merchtem is at 1750000€ while the cheapest is at 170000€. When renting, the highest rent for a house is 0€ per month while the lowest is 0€ per month. In Merchtem, count 997000€ for the highest price for a flat for sale and 185000€ for the lowest. When renting, the maximum rent is 1500€ while 590€ is the lowest rent charged to rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Multiple companies are located in Merchtem and work in these fields:
- 109 companies active in "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 80 firms present in "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 63 companies present in "landscape service activities"
- 54 companies active in "mixed farming"
- 41 companies active in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 39 corporations active in "construction of residential and non-residential buildings"
Living in Merchtem, you will not be far from an entrance to the A12 (Brussels - Boom - Antwerpen - (Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands)) motorway, which is 9 minutes by car from the centre of the town. An entrance for the R0 motorway (Brussels ring) is also accessible in 10 minutes.
In Merchtem, you will also have access to these main roads:
Several supermarkets are at your disposal in the commune: 1 Albert Heijn, 1 Aldi, 1 Colruyt and 1 Delhaize.
If you have children or are planning to have children, you should know that the commune has 8 nurseries (for example: the nursery "De Cré Sarah En Sylvie" or also "Babyboom"), 5 nursery schools ("Vrije Kleuterschool Ter Dreef" or "Vrije Basisschool- Sint-Donatus"), 5 primary schools (e.g. school "Gemeentelijke Basisschool - De Plataan" or "Vrije Basisschool - Rinkeling") and 4 secondary schools ("Gemeentelijke Technische Tuinbouwschool" or "Sint-Donatusinstituut - Middenschool").
7 lines of bus passing through Merchtem, here is an overview of the possibilities:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 242: Brussel - Wemmel - Asse
- Bus De Lijn, Line 245: Brussel - Dendermonde
- Bus De Lijn, Line 41: Sint-Truiden - Jeuk
- Bus De Lijn, Line 543: Schoolbus Merchtem - Wemmel Campus
- Bus De Lijn, Line 821: Merchtem - Grimbergen - Vilvoorde - Zaventem
The nearest stations to the centre of the town are "Merchtem", "Mollem", "Opwijk", "Asse", "Malderen".
Do you use an electric car or would you like to switch to this type of vehicle in the near future? Be aware that 3 electric recharging stations are located in the commune of Merchtem!
In 19 minutes by car or 56 minutes by public transport, the nearest airport is Brussels Airport.
At the moment, the commune does not seem to have any shared bicycles available. Merchtem has no shared cars on its territory.