107 properties for sale or for rent in Lokeren (Sint-Niklaas / Saint-Nicolas) where 41,690 inhabitants are distributed over 68.3 km² with fewer men than women (50.7%). The average age is 40 years, the inhabitants are mainly owners (66%) of their dwelling and have an average per capita income of 18,804€ net per year. There is an average of 1.2 cars per household and is therefore below the national average (1.3). Show all Show less
The inhabitants come from these different countries:
- 93% Belgium
- 1.4% Morocco
- 1.2% Turkey
- 1% Poland
- 0.8% Netherlands
- 0.5% Bulgaria
- 0.4% Romania
- 1.7% Other
In Lokeren, the first names you will hear the most in women are Maria, Rita, Marleen, Ann and Marie and for men you will regularly come across Marc, Luc, Mohamed, Dirk and Peter.
The average number of rooms in Lokeren is about 5.5 or below the Belgian average (6). The average year of construction of the buildings is 1959 and the dwellings in the municipality are distributed as follows: 77.5% houses and 22.5% apartment buildings.
There are buildings distributed as follows:
- 28.5% open type houses, farms, castles
- 24.6% houses of the closed type
- 21.8% semi-closed type houses
- 21.7% buildings and flat blocks
- 2.2% commercial houses
- 1.2% other types of buildings
At the moment we have 0 houses for rent, 65 houses for sale, 38 flats for sale and 4 flats for rent. Here are the average prices for Lokeren:
- 409812€ for a house for sale
- 0€ per month for a rented house
- 300834€ for a flat to buy
- 852€ monthly for a rented flat
The most expensive house currently for sale in Lokeren is at 899000€ while the cheapest is at 165000€. When renting, the highest rent for a house is 0€ per month while the lowest is 0€ per month. In Lokeren, the flat for sale at the highest price is at 1150000€ while the lowest price is at 129000€. For rentals, the highest price per month is 1200€ but drops to 625€ for the cheapest flat for rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Companies in Lokeren are located in the following sectors:
- 169 corporations present in "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 150 corporations active in "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 91 firms active in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 84 companies active in "activities of head offices"
- 80 corporations active in "joinery installation"
- 74 firms active in "computer consultancy activities"
The motorway A14 / E17 (Antwerpen - Sint-Niklaas - Gent - Kortrijk - (Lille, France)) is easily accessible to the residents of Lokeren: 3 minutes drive is enough from the centre. In addition, there is also access to the A11 / E34 motorway (Antwerpen - Zelzate) to 16 minutes.
These main roads pass through Lokeren:
Several supermarkets are at your disposal in the commune: 3 Match / Smatch, 2 Aldi, 2 Delhaize, 1 Albert Heijn, 1 Louis Delhaize, 1 SPAR, 1 LIDL, 1 Carrefour and 1 Colruyt.
For education, the municipality contains 16 nurseries (example: "Het Fruitboompje" or "De Speelsmurfjes"), 17 nursery schools ("Stedelijke Basisschool - Eksaarde" or "Vrije Basisschool - Dol-Fijn"), 17 primary schools ("Go! Bs De Tovertuin" or "Vrije Basisschool - Oudenbos" for example) and 20 secondary schools ("Go! Technisch Atheneum Lokeren" or "Go! Middenschool De Moerbei Moerbeke-Waas").
15 lines from bus with a stop in Lokeren, you will find an overview of the lines:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 270: Brussel - Haacht - Keerbergen
- Bus De Lijn, Line 49: Gent Sint-Pieters - Herzele - Geraardsbergen
- Bus De Lijn, Line 54: Gent Zuid - Evergem Doornzele
- Bus De Lijn, Line 78: Zevergem - De Pinte - Gent - Lochristi - Lokeren
- Bus De Lijn, Line 82: Antwerpen L.O.-Beveren-Haasdonk-St-Niklaas-Lokeren
The nearest stations to the centre of the town are "Lokeren", "Zele", "Sinaai", "Beervelde", "Belsele".
Do you use an electric car or would you like to switch to this type of vehicle in the near future? Be aware that 5 electric recharging stations are located in the commune of Lokeren!
The nearest airport is "Antwerp International Airport (Deurne)" and is 29 minutes away by car or 64 minutes by public transport.
Shared bikes "Blue-bike" can be rented at the 1 station available in the commune. You will find 3 stations "Cambio" in the commune.