House for sale - Leuven
More info on properties for sale or for rent - Leuven (3000) + Suburbs
129 properties for sale or for rent in Leuven / Louvain (Leuven / Louvain), commune of 57.5 km²: 101,624 people live in this area where there are slightly more men (50.2%) than women in this municipality. The inhabitants are mainly owners (51%) from their homes, they have an average age close to 39 years and their average income is 20,706€ net per year. Households have on average 0.8 cars or less than the national average (1.3).
Here is an overview of the most common nationalities:
- 81.5% Belgium
- 1.8% Netherlands
- 1.5% Chinea
- 1.1% India
- 1.1% Italy
- 1% Spain
- 0.9% Poland
- 11.2% Other
Jan, Marc, Johan, Luc and Bart are the first names you will come across the most in Leuven / Louvain for men and Maria, Marie, Anna, Godelieve and Anne for women.
In Leuven / Louvain, the dwellings have on average 5.2 rooms or below the Belgian average (6). The average year of construction of the buildings is 1951 and the dwellings in the municipality are distributed as follows: 47.5% houses and 52.5% apartment buildings.
More specifically, here is the breakdown by type of building:
- 50.6% buildings and flat blocks
- 26.6% houses of the closed type
- 11% semi-closed type houses
- 8.2% open type houses, farms, castles
- 2.7% commercial houses
- 0.9% other types of buildings
There are currently 29 houses for sale in this municipality, 6 houses for rent, 96 flats for sale and 24 flats for rent. Here are the average prices for Leuven / Louvain:
- 648500€ for a house up for sale
- 1267€ per month for a house to rent
- 406926€ for a flat for sale
- 931€ per month for a flat for rent
The highest price for a house for sale in Leuven / Louvain is 3450000€ and the lowest price is 260000€. In the rental market, the highest price is 1600€ monthly for a house while the lowest is 900€. The most expensive flat for sale in Leuven / Louvain is listed at 780000€ while the cheapest is listed at 119000€. For rent, the highest monthly rent is 1700€ and the cheapest is 645€ listed at https://immo.vlan.be/en.
The municipality of Leuven / Louvain has different companies on its territory, here are the most common areas:
- 627 corporations in the field "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 432 corporations present in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 429 corporations in the field "computer consultancy activities"
- 399 corporations active in "legal activities"
- 346 firms present in "architectural activities"
- 252 companies active in "other business support service activities n.e.c."
Residents of Leuven / Louvain benefit from an entrance to the A2 / E314 (Leuven - Diest - Genk - Maasmechelen) motorway: it is a 2 minute drive from the centre. The highway A3 / E25 - E40 - E42 (Brussels - Leuven - Liège - Eupen - (Aachen, Germany)) also has an access that can be reached in 9 minutes.
You will have easy access to the following roads in Leuven / Louvain:
Several supermarkets are at your disposal in the commune: 11 Carrefour, 6 SPAR, 6 Delhaize, 3 Louis Delhaize, 3 Colruyt, 2 Match / Smatch, 2 LIDL and 1 Bio-Planet.
If you have children or are planning to have children, you should know that the commune contains 46 nurseries (example: "'T Eekhoorntje" or "'T Prutske"), 37 nursery schools ("Vrije Basisschool - Paridaens" or "Go! Basisschool Pee & Nel"), 38 primary schools ("Vrije Basisschool Bleydenberg" or "Go! Freinetschool Krullevaar'T" for example) and 35 secondary schools ("Go! Atheneum Leuven" or "Heilig Hartinstituut Kessel-Lo").
66 lines of bus passing through Leuven / Louvain, here is an overview of the possibilities:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 2: Heverlee Campus - Leuven - Kessel-Lo Hulsberg
- Bus De Lijn, Line 3: Hasselt - Wellen - Borgloon - Heers
- Bus De Lijn, Line 5: Hasselt - Nieuwerkerken - Sint-Truiden
- Bus De Lijn, Line 630: Wijgmaal Station - Haasrode Brabanthal
- Bus De Lijn, Line 8: Genk - Overpelt
Here is the choice in the available stations: "Leuven / Löwen / Louvain", "Heverlee", "Herent", "Wijgmaal", "Veltem".
Do you use an electric car or would you like to switch to this type of vehicle in the near future? Be aware that 16 electric recharging stations are located in the commune of Leuven / Louvain!
In 15 minutes by car or 54 minutes by public transport, the nearest airport is Brussels Airport.
You will also have the possibility to rent a bike "Blue-bike" thanks to the 3 stations available in the commune. You will find 49 stations "Cambio" in the commune.