House for sale - Gent
More info on properties for sale or for rent - Gent (9000) + Suburbs
617 properties for sale or for rent in Gent / Gand (Gent / Gand), as which has 262,219 inhabitants in an area of 157.7 km² with fewer men than women (50.2%). The average age of the inhabitants is about 39 years, they are in majority owners (50%) in their homes and have an average per capita income of 18,789 € net per year. Households have on average 0.8 cars and is therefore below the national average (1.3).
The most represented nationalities are the following:
- 85.4% Belgium
- 3.9% Bulgaria
- 1.5% Turkey
- 1.2% Netherlands
- 0.8% Slovakia
- 0.5% Afghanistan
- 0.4% Poland
- 6.4% Other
In Gent / Gand, the first names you will hear the most in women are Marie, Maria, Rita, Martine and Ann and for men you will regularly come across Marc, Jan, Peter, Luc and Patrick.
In Gent / Gand, the dwellings have on average 5.3 rooms is lower than the national average (6). With regard to the age of the buildings, they were built around 1939 and the dwellings in the municipality are distributed as follows: 41% apartment buildings and 59% houses.
There are buildings distributed as follows:
- 39.5% houses of the closed type
- 39.4% buildings and flat blocks
- 8.6% open type houses, farms, castles
- 8.5% semi-closed type houses
- 3.3% commercial houses
- 0.7% other types of buildings
At the moment we have 17 houses for rent, 251 houses for sale, 394 flats for sale and 116 flats for rent. Here you will find an idea of the price of accommodation in Gent / Gand:
- 526361€ for a house on sale
- 1086€ monthly for a house for rent
- 495168€ for a flat to buy
- 918€ per month for a flat for rent
The highest rent charged in Gent / Gand for a house is 3000€ while the lowest is 685€. In terms of sales, the cheapest house is at 175000€ while the most expensive is at 4300000€. For a flat, the most expensive for sale in Gent / Gand is listed at 2370000€ while the cheapest is listed at 139000€. For a rental, the most expensive rent is at 1850€ per month and goes down to 420€ per month for the cheapest flat for rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Companies in Gent / Gand are located in the following sectors:
- 1684 firms in the domain "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 1402 companies in the field "architectural activities"
- 991 companies active in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 888 companies active in "legal activities"
- 676 companies present in "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 628 corporations active in "computer consultancy activities"
In Gent / Gand, you are close to an access to the highway A10 / E40 (Brussels - Aalst - Gent - Brugge - Oostende): you will be there in 4 minutes from the centre of Gent / Gand. An access to the highway A14 / E17 (Antwerpen - Sint-Niklaas - Gent - Kortrijk - (Lille, France)) can also be reached in 4 minutes.
You will have easy access to the following roads in Gent / Gand:
Different supermarkets are available: 25 Carrefour, 23 Delhaize, 9 Aldi, 6 Louis Delhaize, 6 LIDL, 5 OKay, 5 Colruyt, 4 Albert Heijn, 4 SPAR, 2 Match / Smatch and 1 Bio-Planet.
As far as children are concerned, the municipality contains 125 nurseries (example: "Zonnetje Gent - Appelstraat" or "Kinderopvang De Welpjes"), 96 nursery schools ("Go! Basisschool De Wijze Boom" or "Vrije Basisschool - Sint- Barbaracollege"), 95 primary schools (examples: "Vrije Lagere School - Klim" or "Vrije Basisschool - Nieuwen Bosch") and 88 secondary schools ("Go! Middenschool Voskenslaan Gent" or "Sint-Paulusinstituut 2").
3 lines from tram with a stop in Gent / Gand, you will find an overview of the lines:
- Tram De Lijn, line 1 : Hasselt - Genk
- Tram De Lijn, line 2 : Heverlee Campus - Leuven - Kessel-Lo Hulsberg
- Tram De Lijn, line 4 : Hasselt - Kortessem - Tongeren
67 different lines of bus have a stop in the commune of Gent / Gand like the following lines:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 3: Hasselt - Wellen - Borgloon - Heers
- Bus De Lijn, Line 5: Hasselt - Nieuwerkerken - Sint-Truiden
- Bus De Lijn, Line 6: Wijgmaal - Leuven - Neervelp - Hoegaarden
- Bus De Lijn, Line 9: Genk - As - Lanklaar - Dilsen - Maasmechelen
- Bus De Lijn, Line 930: Minder Mobielen Gent
The nearest stations to the centre of the town are "Gent-Sint-Pieters / Gand-Saint-Pierre", "Gent-Dampoort / Gand-Dampoort", "Gentbrugge", "Drongen / Tronchiennes", "Merelbeke".
Do you use an electric car or would you like to switch to this type of vehicle in the near future? Be aware that 129 electric recharging stations are located in the commune of Gent / Gand!
In 66 minutes by public transport or 31 minutes by car you can reach the airport "Wevelgem Airport".
It is possible to rent a bicycle "Blue-bike" through the 6 stations available in the municipality. 93 stations " Cambio " allow you to rent a shared car.