House for sale - Genk
More info on properties for sale or for rent - Genk (3600)
125 properties for sale or for rent in Genk (Hasselt), commune of 87.6 km²: 66,227 people live in this area where there are more women (50.6%) than men in this agglomeration. The average age of the inhabitants is about 41 years, they are mainly owners (67%) in their homes and have an average per capita income of 16,414 € net per year. There is an average of 1.3 cars per household either aligned with the country's average.
The inhabitants come from these different countries:
- 87.9% Belgium
- 4.2% Italy
- 1.8% Netherlands
- 1.4% Turkey
- 0.7% Bulgaria
- 0.6% Morocco
- 0.5% Greece
- 2.8% Other
Peter, Jan, Marc, Jean and Patrick are the first names you will come across the most in Genk for men and Maria, Marie, Anna, Marleen and Rita for women.
The average number of rooms in Genk is about 6.1 or more than the national average (6). In terms of the age of the buildings, the average is around 1966 with this distribution: 68.5% houses and 31.5% apartment buildings.
The breakdown by type of building is as follows:
- 30.4% buildings and flat blocks
- 28.5% semi-closed type houses
- 27.1% open type houses, farms, castles
- 10.4% houses of the closed type
- 2.4% commercial houses
- 1.2% other types of buildings
At the moment 2 houses are for rent, 64 houses are for sale, there are also 92 flats for sale and 11 flats for rent. Here you will find an idea of the price of accommodation in Genk:
- 347073€ for a house to buy
- 970€ per month for a rented house
- 330210€ for a flat for sale
- 751€ per month for a flat for rent
The highest rent charged in Genk for a house is 1040€ while the lowest is 900€. In terms of sales, the cheapest house is at 167000€ while the most expensive is at 890000€. In Genk, count 949000€ for the highest price for a flat for sale and 1€ for the lowest. When renting, the maximum rent is 950€ while 520€ is the lowest rent charged to rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
The municipality of Genk has different companies on its territory, here are the most common areas:
- 280 corporations active in "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 230 companies active in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 188 companies active in "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 121 corporations in the field "activities of head offices"
- 108 firms active in "electrical installation"
- 104 corporations present in "legal activities"
Residents of Genk benefit from an entrance to the A2 / E314 (Leuven - Diest - Genk - Maasmechelen) motorway: it is a 3 minute drive from the centre. The highway A13 / E313 (Antwerpen - Hasselt - Liège) also has an access that can be reached in 9 minutes.
In Genk, you will also have access to these main roads:
The following shops are located in the town: 4 SPAR, 4 Aldi, 4 Carrefour, 3 Delhaize, 2 Albert Heijn, 1 Louis Delhaize and 1 Colruyt.
For education, the municipality contains 11 nurseries (example: "Winnie-Tooh" or "De Bengeltjes"), 24 nursery schools ("Go! Basisschool De Reinpad-Gelieren Genk" or "Vrije Basisschool - School Met De Bijbel De Padvinder"), 22 primary schools (e.g. school "Vrije Basisschool - School Met De Bijbel De Padvinder" or "Vrije Lagere School") and 37 secondary schools ("Onze-Lieve-Vrouwlyceum -Eerste Graad" or "Go! Campus Genk Middenschool").
25 lines from bus with a stop in Genk, you will find an overview of the lines:
- Bus De Lijn, Line G1: Sledderlo - Genk Station - Waterschei
- Bus De Lijn, Line G4: Bokrijk - Winterslag - Genk Station - Gelieren
- Bus De Lijn, Line G5: Termien - Genk Station
- Bus De Lijn, Line G6: Genk Station - Waterschei - Zwartberg
- Bus De Lijn, Line G8: Genk Sation-Zwartberg -Opglabbeek N. Kempen-Louwel
The nearest stations to the centre of the town are "Genk", "Bokrijk", "Diepenbeek", "Kiewit", "Bilzen".
If you need to recharge your electric vehicle, 15 recharging stations are available in Genk.
The best placed airport in relation to the municipality is "Liège Airport". It is 125 minutes by public transport or 32 minutes by car.
A bicycle "Blue-bike" can be rented through one of the 1 available stations. You don't need to own your own car but have an occasional need? No worries, your commune has 3 stations "Cambio" !