339 properties for sale or for rent in Aalst / Alost (Aalst / Alost), commune of 78.7 km²: 86,445 people live in this area where there are more women (50.9%) than men in this agglomeration. The inhabitants are in majority owners (69%) from their homes, they have an average age close to 42 years and their average income is 19,693€ net per year. Households have on average 1.1 cars or less than the national average (1.3). Show all Show less
Here is an overview of the most common nationalities:
- 92% Belgium
- 1.2% Romania
- 1.2% Netherlands
- 0.7% Congo
- 0.5% Poland
- 0.3% Morocco
- 0.3% Turkey
- 3.7% Other
In Aalst / Alost, the first names you will hear the most in women are Maria, Marie, Godelieve, Ann and Rita and for men you will regularly come across Luc, Marc, Patrick, Jan and Dirk.
In Aalst / Alost, the dwellings have on average 5.6 rooms or below the Belgian average (6). The average year of construction of the buildings is 1953 and the dwellings in the municipality are distributed as follows: 72.8% houses and 27.2% apartment buildings.
There are buildings distributed as follows:
- 36.6% houses of the closed type
- 25.4% buildings and flat blocks
- 18.9% semi-closed type houses
- 12.3% open type houses, farms, castles
- 3.7% other types of buildings
- 3% commercial houses
164 houses are for sale in the municipality, 6 houses for rent, 210 flats for sale and 35 flats for rent. Here you will find an idea of the price of accommodation in Aalst / Alost:
- 396592€ for a house to buy
- 1198€ per month for a house to rent
- 322523€ for a flat on sale
- 768€ per month for a flat for rent
In Aalst / Alost, the most expensive house for sale is listed at 1550000€ while the cheapest is listed at 129000€. For rentals, the highest monthly price for a house is 2500€ while the lowest rent is 770€. In Aalst / Alost, count 1335000€ for the highest price for a flat for sale and 109000€ for the lowest. When renting, the maximum rent is 1100€ while 490€ is the lowest rent charged to rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Multiple companies are located in Aalst / Alost and work in these fields:
- 337 firms active in "hairdressing and other beauty treatment"
- 321 firms in the domain "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 229 companies active in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 185 corporations active in "computer consultancy activities"
- 170 corporations active in "legal activities"
- 142 corporations in the field "beverage serving activities"
Residents of Aalst / Alost benefit from an entrance to the A10 / E40 (Brussels - Aalst - Gent - Brugge - Oostende) motorway: it is a 3 minute drive from the centre. The highway A14 / E17 (Antwerpen - Sint-Niklaas - Gent - Kortrijk - (Lille, France)) also has an access that can be reached in 23 minutes.
Access to these roads is easy to Aalst / Alost:
Several supermarkets are at your disposal in the commune: 6 Carrefour, 5 Delhaize, 4 SPAR, 3 Aldi, 2 Louis Delhaize, 2 OKay, 2 LIDL, 1 Albert Heijn, 1 Bio-Planet, 1 Match / Smatch and 1 Colruyt.
As far as children are concerned, the municipality offers 32 nurseries ("Zonnetje Aalst - Onze-Lieve-Vrouwplein" or "'T Boontje" for example), 41 nursery schools ("Stedelijke Basisschool - Klaproosje" or "Vrije Basisschool - Sint- Jozefscollege"), 37 primary schools ("Go! Basisschool Faluintjes Moorsel" or "Stedelijke Basisschool-Tinnenhoek" for example) and 37 secondary schools ("Technigo! Campus Ledebaan Aalst" or "Technigo! Campus De Voorstad Aalst").
36 lines of bus passing through Aalst / Alost, here is an overview of the possibilities:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 1: Hasselt - Genk
- Bus De Lijn, Line 2: Heverlee Campus - Leuven - Kessel-Lo Hulsberg
- Bus De Lijn, Line 214: Brussel-Asse-Aalst
- Bus De Lijn, Line 3: Hasselt - Wellen - Borgloon - Heers
- Bus De Lijn, Line 4: Hasselt - Kortessem - Tongeren
Here is the choice in the available stations: "Aalst / Alost", "Aalst-Kerrebroek / Alost Kerrebroek", "Erembodegem", "Vijfhuizen", "Haaltert".
If you need to recharge your electric vehicle, 11 recharging stations are available in Aalst / Alost.
In 27 minutes by car or 42 minutes by public transport, the nearest airport is Brussels Airport.
Shared bikes "Blue-bike" can be rented at the 1 station available in the commune. You don't need to own your own car but have an occasional need? No worries, your commune has 10 stations "Cambio" !