– COOKIE MANAGEMENT POLICY –
The present policy is established by CTR Media SA with headquarters at Rue Royale, 100-1000 Brussels, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number: BE 432.916.146 (hereinafter “the Controller“).
The subject of the present policy is to inform visitors to the website at address immo.vlan.be (hereinafter «the Website») concerning how cookies are used by the Controller.
The present policy is written as a result of the desire of the Controller to act in a transparent manner in accordance with the law of 8 December 1992 relating to the respect for private life regarding the processing of personal data and of EU regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 relating to the protection of natural personals regarding the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, repealing Directive 95/46/CE (hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation”)
If the user wishes to comment on one of the practices given above, the user may contact the Controller:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By post: CTR Media Rue Royale 100 – 1000 Brussels.
Use and management of cookies
The present cookie management policy applies to the Website. Cookies are managed by the Controller.
The majority of web browsers are configured to automatically accept cookies. If the user wishes to configure cookies, they must change the settings on their browser. Other information concerning this subject can be found under the “Cookie Management” paragraph of the present provision.
By visiting the Website the user gives express agreement to the cookie management policy defined hereinafter.
Definition of cookies A “cookie” is a text or data file which a website server records in a temporary or permanent manner on the user’s equipment (computer hard disk, tablet, smart phone or other similar device) via a browser. Cookies may also be installed by third parties which the Controller works with.
Cookies retain a certain amount of information such as language preferences or shopping cart content for visitors. Other cookies collect statistics relating to website users or ensure that graphics appear correctly and that applications run correctly on the Website. Others allow content and/or advertising to be adapted for the Website depending on the user.
- Technical or necessary cookies: this concerns cookies which are necessary for the Website to be used, allowing proper communication and facilitating browsing;
- Statistical or analytical cookies : these cookies enable the number of visitors to be identified and counted and for their behaviour during the site visit to be viewed. This allows the user’s experience to be improved and makes it easier to find what they are looking for;
- Functional cookies: these cookies enable specific functions to be activated on the Website to improve the user’s experience and usability, in particular by remembering their choice of preferences (for example language);
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information relating to the manner in which visitors use the Website. They enable the content and performance of the Website to be evaluated and improved (for example by recording the number of visitors or identifying the most popular pages or clicks), to ensure that commercial offers correspond more closely to the user’s personal preferences;
- Commercial or advertising cookies: these concern files which collect data relating to the profile of visitors and are likely to be installed or read by third parties with which the Controller collaborates to measure the effectiveness of an advertisement of a web page in order to better adapt centres of interest to the user;
- Tracking cookies: the Web Site uses tracking cookies via Google Analytics with the aim of helping the Controller to measure the methods of user engagement with content of the Website as well as to generate visit statistics in a strictly anonymous manner. These statistics allow the Website to be continually improved and to offer the user personalised content.
The Controller uses Google Analytics to analyse traffic to the Website, the origin of this traffic and pages visited. This means that Google acts as a subcontractor.
The information collected by Google Analytics is treated in the most anonymous manner possible. For example, it is not possible to identify persons which visit the Website.
For further information, the user is invited to consult Google’s policy concerning data protection available at the following address: https://policies.google.com/privacy
A tag is an invisible image file which follows the user’s browsing on one or more websites and/or applications. In addition, other third party cookies may be installed by advertisers during running of their advertisement.
Third party cookies do not contain data of a personal nature. Information collected using third party cookies and tags are used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements and to better personalise the advertisement on the Website and on other websites belonging to the advertising network or for which the Controller provides advertising services.
The length of how long cookies are stored depends on their type: necessary cookies are usually stored until the browser is closed, while functional cookies are stored for one year and performance cookies for four years.
The Controller authorises public search engines to visit the Website using “spiders” which have the specific aim of making access and content of the Website accessible via their engines, unless the Controller does not give the right to continue with archiving for the Website. The commander reserves the right to remove the authorisation such as formulated in this paragraph at any moment.
To create offers which are likely to be of interest to the user, the Controller may conclude agreements with Internet advertising networks. These have received permission from the Controller to place advertisements on the Website. When the user visits the Website, the advertising networks can also collect information.
Cookie management The majority of browsers are configured to automatically accept cookies but can all be configured in accordance with the user’s preferences.
If the user does not want the Website to place cookies on their computer or mobile device, they may configure or delete them by changing their browser preferences. The user may also configure their browser to give a notification when a cookie is received and to then decide whether or not to accept it.
If the user wishes to disable and/or manage certain cookies, this may be done through the link for the appropriate browser at:
Chrome : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Safari : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
To disable tracking by Google Analytics for any website, the user is invited to consult the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
In the situation where the user deactivates certain cookies, it is possible that certain parts of the Website may not be available and/or functional, or that they may be partially available.
Applicable law and competent jurisdiction
The present Policy is subject to Belgian law.
Any dispute relating to the interpretation or execution of the present Policy shall be subject to Belgian law and will fall under the exclusive competence of courts in the judicial district of Brussels.
The Controller reserves the right to modify the stipulations of the present Policy at any moment. Modifications shall be published with a notice on entry into validity.
The present version of this cookie management policy is dated 20/06/2018.